The Hake Kitchen & Bar’s Cerviche
• 1 1/8 pounds mahi mahi (or another firm white fish, such as Sierra)
• 1 cup white vinegar
• 1 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
• 1 clove of garlic, pureed
• 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely diced
• 6 Tablespoons good quality extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ red onion, diced
• 3 Manzano chiles, diced (optional)
• 6 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
• 3 Tablespoons basil, finely chopped
• 10 leaves fresh spearmint, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the vinegar, lime juice, garlic and oregano to prepare the marinade.
2. Cut the fish in 1-inch cubes.
3. Mix the fish and the marinade and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Add the olive oil, onion and chiles and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. (The longer it marinates, the more that the acid in the lime and the vinegar will “cook” the fish.)
5. Just before serving, add the cilantro, basil and spearmint. Salt and pepper to taste, mix and serve
- Promiscuous Fork’s Jalapeño Poppers
- On The Menu Recipe: Dolce Pane E Vino’s Mussels
- On The Menu Recipe: The Prado at Balboa Park’s Pan-Roasted White Sea Bass
- On the Menu recipe: Crepes from Crepes & Corks
- Jake’s “Sea Bass with Cous Cous”
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=109815