La Jolla tennis championships start June 14
The oldest continuously running tennis tournament held at one venue in the United States — the La Jolla Tennis Championship — is back for the 97th year. Beginning June 14, the La Jolla Tennis Club attracts former world champions and World Tour players from across California.
Club Manager Scott Farr said there are some tournaments that have run for more years, but they either switched venues or suspended play during World War II.
With games in dozens of divisions, including mother-daughter, mother-son, father-daughter, father-son, men’s doubles and singles, and women’s doubles and singles, the tournament runs through June.
Semi-finals begin June 29, championships are June 30.
All tournaments are open to public viewing and free to attend. The Tennis Club is at 7632 Draper Ave. For the event schedule, visit ljtc.org
- Several players earn championships at La Jolla Tennis Club
- Chargers promote Wilks to assistant head coach-secondary
- La Jolla trio honored by Hall of Champions
- La Jolla grapplers earn league title
- Woods off to good start, Paolucci ends at 2-under
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=108605