New mobile app lets users search library catalog, download eBooks
The San Diego County Library (including La Jolla’s Riford Library) is going mobile with a free, new application that lets you use smartphones, tablets and e-Book readers to visit the library.
Users can browse through the digital book stacks, check their account, request items, place them on hold, or renew items they have already checked out without stepping foot in a library branch or logging onto a computer.
The app also allows users to download eBooks to a device; scan an ISBN barcode of a book to see if the library owns a copy, check event listings at various branches; and find the location, phone number, hours and directions to a library.
The app works on either Android or iOS (Apple) smartphones, tablets or e-Book readers. It is the latest in a number of free apps offered by the County of San Diego at sdcounty.ca.gov/appcenter/ or sdcl.org
- Author: ‘Good enough’ can be the new ‘perfect’ for today’s moms
- Calling all young artists! Your La Jolla library needs your talents!
- La Jollan inspires with postumous book about living as quadriplegic
- Who makes decisions at the La Jolla library? Apparently, you do!
- Author will discuss California’s trailblazing women at La Jolla Community House lecture
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=107885