Forget-me-not moments at La Jolla Garden Club luncheon
By Susan DeMaggio
With roots that date back to 1968, the La Jolla Garden Club marked its 45th anniversary on May 22 with a luncheon in town. Outgoing president Ina Thompson welcomed members who perused the club scrapbook, viewed photos from the recent Mother’s Day Garden Sale and mingled over ice tea.
After lunching on cornucopia salad, bread and cheesecake, club members were treated to a concert by the Sweet Harmony Choir, performing a medley of Broadway show tunes titled, “Leading Ladies.”
The La Jolla Garden Club explores gardening and floral design, and provides funds for a national re-forestation program and scholarships for local horticulture students.
The club meets September-May at 1 p.m. on third Tuesdays at La Jolla Lutheran Church, 7111 La Jolla Blvd. Meetings typically feature a guest speaker and tea reception. Newcomers are welcome. For more information, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home tour in La Jolla’s Bird Rock Community to feature repeat splendor
- Community Calendar Nov. 29 – Dec. 6
- Tours of La Jolla’s cultural gems set for Nov. 18
- Break dancing sensation comes to La Jolla as part of yoga class
- Royal wedding florist will address Village Garden Club
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=107873