San Diego’s Benghazi victims honored at Mt. Soledad Memorial on Memorial Day in La Jolla
Navy SEAL Capt. Jason Ehret, a close friend of Glen Doherty, gives the keynote address.
PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 9 photos from the Memorial Day ceremony.
Glen A. Doherty of Encinitas and Tyrone S. Woods of Imperial Beach are former Navy SEALs and Libya Embassy security personnel who served the United States with honor and distinction. They made the ultimate sacrifice on Sept. 12, 2012, defending the U.S. Diplomatic Post and the CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya. The bravery of Doherty, 42, and Woods, 41, helped save the lives of 20 staff members when they took up arms in an effort to protect the facilities as they were attacked and killed by insurgents. Plaques to the war heroes were dedicated at the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial in La Jolla on Memorial Day, May 27, 2013.
— Greg Wiest
SEE RELATED STORIES:
• Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi to be honored at Soledad Memorial Day event: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=10754
• La Jolla veterans association unveils new memorial walls; honors father and son with first plaques: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=107382
- Memorial Day events highlight sacrifice of nation’s veterans
- La Jolla veterans association unveils new memorial walls; honors father and son with first plaques
- Old Glory, after dark: veterans test proposed lighting atop Mount Soledad
- Mount Soledad Veterans ceremony to salute Louis Zamperini on Saturday
- Mount Soledad Association to salute ‘Pappy’ Boyington on Memorial Day
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=108053