Drug smuggling boat is third suspicious vessel to wash ashore in La Jolla in less than two weeks
Four suspected undocumented immigrants were arrested Saturday, May 18 off the coast of La Jolla, after their boat came ashore.
The open hull fishing vessel was reported near Windansea Beach about 6:10 a.m., according to San Diego police.
The U.S. Border Patrol arrived to find the two people near the boat, which contained eight suitcases, believed to contain marijuana or other drugs. Two other passengers were discovered nearby in the neighborhood, and arrested.
Homeland security is how handling the investigation.
–City News Service
- Abandoned boat found near WindanSea beach in La Jolla
- Breaking News: Boat carrying undocumented immigrants lands near La Jolla Children’s Pool, 14 apprehended
- Paraglider rescued at Torrey Pines, airlifted to La Jolla hospital
- Lifeguards rescue naked hiker at Black’s Beach
- South Casa Stairway closed indefintely for repairs due to erosion
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=107456