La Jolla Garden Club to host Mother’s Day sale
The La Jolla Garden Club will hold its annual Gardeners’ Market at 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 11, 2013 on the patio outside Chase Bank, at 7777 Girard Ave. in La Jolla Village. Each year, the garden club hosts the market the day before Mother’s Day Sunday.
The potted plants, topiaries, succulent arrangements, baked goods and gift items with a garden theme are tied up with bows, ready to give to mothers the following morning.
Proceeds from the market go to the club’s civic projects and provide thousands of dollars in horticultural scholarships for local students.
For more information, call (858) 272-3875.
- La Jolla’s Best Bets for Events: April 26-May 5: Music, dance, photo/art exhibits, La Jolla Half Marathon, Cinco de Mayo party, historical walking tours and more
- La Jolla Historical Society’s Secret Garden Tour returns May 18
- JCC event will mark 60 years of Holocaust commemoration on April 7
- British floral designer headlines garden club’s Meet the Masters event on April 7
- Floral design celebrity shares her secrets at La Jolla Garden Club meeting
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=106136