Gala to benefit fund for student musicians
The annual scholarship fundraiser, Encore! for the San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory (SDYS) will begin at 5 p.m. Saturday, May 4, in the Casa del Prado in Balboa Park. Tickets are $250 for the Platinum Level, $200 for the Gold Level.
Guests will experience the talent and dedication of the young musicians, who hone their skills and strive for excellence under the guidance of the San Diego Youth Symphony.
Event proceeds make it possible for SDYS to welcome all students with the desire to learn and perform music alongside their equally determined peers, regardless of their financial circumstances. Scholarships were given to 150 students this season.
Encore!’s musical delights will be accompanied by cuisine served in a magical setting in the Casa del Prado courtyard.
Established in 1945, SDYS is the sixth oldest continuously operating youth orchestra in the country. Its Balboa Park programs set the benchmark for classical student musicianship in San Diego. Its Community Opus Project is leading the return of music programs to elementary schools.
Registration for auditions for the 2013-14 season is open until May 24. For gala tickets and audition information, visit sdys.org or call (619) 233-3232 ext. 160.
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
- Finalists selected in 12th annual Concerto Competition for SD Youth Symphony
- Young artists offer concert Sunday at Symphony Hall
- A little bit of this and a little bit of that … La Jolla Music Society adds some spice to its new season
- The Roots of Reeds come to Carlsbad’s Museum of Making Music
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=106064