La Jolla’s UCSD celebrates ‘Earth Week’ with eco-friendly events
Students, staff and faculty at UC San Diego celebrated environmental sustainability and the drive to create a healthy planet for future generations during the campus’s annual Earth Week celebrations, April 17-24. The theme was “Making Zero a Reality,” illustrating UCSD’s efforts to reduce its carbon footprint and have zero impact on the environment. Events included a campus cleanup, green fashion show, trash sort and “green” car show.
UCSD students and staff sorted through more than 305 pounds of trash from the Price Center during a ‘Reduce your Waistine’ trash sorting event April 18 at library Walk on campus. students recovered 68.20 pounds (22 percent) of recyclables composed of paper, cans, plastic and cardboard and food waste.
- Community Calendar Jan. 24 – Jan. 31
- La Jolla Community Calendar Jan. 17 – Jan. 24, 2013
- Community Calendar Jan. 10 – Jan. 17, 2013
- Students reach out to San Diego families in need for “Operation Santa”
- UCSD lecture series to explore the human experience
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105914