La Jolla research company raises $13,000 for American Diabetes Association
Takeda California, a drug discovery research company located in La Jolla, traded their lab coats for bicycles for the company’s annual “Tour de Takeda” bike ride and walk to raise funds for the American Diabetes Association on April 12.
Takeda California donated five dollars for every mile covered by the bikers and walkers and raised $13,400 after 2,680 miles.
“During the day our scientists are working in our labs to find new treatments and potential cures for diabetes,” said Keith Wilson, Takeda California President and Chief Scientific Officer. “Last year, Tour de Takeda raised $7,500 for the American Diabetes Association, and this year we raised $13,400. Being able to get outside and raise funds to support diabetes research and awareness nationally is an equally rewarding experience to our drug discovery research.”
- International Conference on Fundraising to showcase art from La Jolla’s Preuss School students
- Community Calendar Jan. 10 – Jan. 17, 2013
- Sunday’s La Jolla Christmas Parade is ready to roll
- La Jolla Community Center thanks benefactors at ‘reopening’ party
- La Jolla Open Aire Market marks 14th year with Harvest Festival on Sunday, Oct. 28
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105800