Mormon congregants to spruce up La Jolla park April 27
More than 1,000 volunteers from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will participate in an annual day of service 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. April 27. LDS members from Clairemont, La Jolla and Pacific Beach will take part in clean-up projects at Doyle Park, Nobel Park and the Youth Aquatic Center on Fiesta Island.
Some 20 projects are planned for the greater San Diego Area, including a food drive for the San Diego and North County Food Banks. More than 80, 000 volunteer are expected to take part in service projects throughout California and Hawaii this year in the annual Mormon Helping Hands Day of Service 2013. The LDS church is working with community partners such as the Boy Scouts of America, and various faith-based groups.
- Mayor Filner ends red light photo enforcement in San Diego
- Police caution La Jolla citizens about new crime scams
- Hundreds gather at vigil in La Jolla to pray for Israel
- County warns residents to stay away from bats
- City Council approves ordinance to better address neighborhood blight
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105653