‘Greatest Hits’ fundraiser set for music therapy project
Musicians Lexington Field, Steph Johnson and Tolan Shaw will perform a benefit for Banding Together (a nonprofit that aims to raise awareness and funds for music therapy for kids with autism and other special needs), Wednesday, April 24 at the Belly Up Tavern, 143 S. Cedros Ave. in Solana Beach.
Doors open at 7 p.m. for a live auction (includes a Taylor guitar), raffle and entertainment. Tickets are $10 at (858) 481-8140 or bellyup.com
Since 2009, Banding Together has awarded 30, six-month music therapy scholarships to kids and teens in need, totaling over $26,000.
- Bird Rock Elementary in La Jolla competing for $50,000 music grant
- Chorus auditions coming up at La Jolla Symphony Chorus
- A.K. Croce will bring an electric repertoire to Anthology
- Breaking the Sound Barriers: UCSD duo joins Brooklyn’s Sound Sculptor at The Loft
- Hutchins Consort: They’re not just fiddling around for Saturday’s concert in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105115