Nobel Prize medal given to former La Jollan Francis Crick fetches more than $2 millionThe Nobel Prize won by late La Jollan Francis Crick in 1962 for his discovery of DNA was sold April 11 at auction for more than $2 million, U-T San Diego reports.
A letter Crick wrote to his son describing the discovery also sold at Christie’s April 10 for $6 million. It was a record for a letter, eclipsing aan Abraham Lincoln letter that went for $3.4 million in 2008.
- Bilbray, Peters answer Cancer Action Network questionnaire
- Jim Matthie receives alumnus award from alma mater
- County warns residents to stay away from bats
- Magazine hosts innovators forum at UCSD
- Rotting seaweed poses no danger
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105195