La Jolla Elementary School boosters boogie down at ’70s-theme gala, dance and fundraiser
Attendees of the La Jolla Elementary School event show off their 1970s-inspired fashion.
Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 6 photos from the La Jolla Elementary School event.
More than 300 parents, teachers and supporters of La Jolla Elementary School (LJES) busted their best disco moves during a sold-out gala on March 16, 2013 at the Cuvier Club in La Jolla. A fundraiser for Friends of La Jolla Elementary School, Inc., the event featured music from Polyester Express and silent and live auctions that included everything from a trip to Hawaii to the chance for one lucky LJES student to become “principal for a day.”
Event Chair and LJES parent Angela Goodwin took guests back in time to the ’70s with swinging, retro décor, while music teacher Julie Greathouse led LJES teachers in a rendition of the disco hit “I Will Survive,” renamed “Your Kids Will Survive” — an homage to all parents do for the school. Alexa Scoma and Sharon Jones filmed a video of students showing their gratitude in a multitude of ways.
— Pat Sherman
- La Jolla High School Foundation hosts Vikings, Vines and Vintners
- All Hallows Academy hosts Family Fun Night ‘on-the-range’ in La Jolla
- Heart & Soul Gala in La Jolla raises funds for community services
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
- Big Brothers Big Sisters honors Padres Chairman Ron Fowler as 2012 ‘Person of the Year’ at La Jolla event
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=105016