La Jolla Country Day tennis team has its eyes on the CIF prize
– Varita Sureephong
La Jolla Country Day’s men’s tennis team completed half the season with a 9-0 record regular duel matches. The players have defeated such tops teams as Dana Hills (from Orange County), La Costa Canyon, and their biggest rival, La Jolla High School.
Compared to last year, the team has more depth with strength in both their singles and doubles players.
The Torreys are led by upperclassmen Amir Ferry, Alex Khorsandian, Jack Murphy, Gabriel Pamich, David Shaw and Ethan Krant. In addition, they have many returning sophomores and an impressive bunch of freshmen players, who are full of infectious, positive energy. Together this team is committed to bringing home the CIF Team Championship title and strives to get into the Regional Championships, which takes place mid-May.
Until then, the Torreys still have another month and a half until the CIF Team Championships, and the road is not going to be easy as they have yet to play tough teams such as PV Peninsula and University High (both Orange County schools) and Torrey Pines.
- Three La Jolla teams capture CIF titles during weekend
- Torreys edge out La Jolla for CIF tennis title
- Football: La Jolla Country Day loses CIF quarterfinals to Horizon Panthers, 40-24
- The Bishop’s School tennis player Kelly Shaffer of La Jolla is in top form for CIF Championships
- La Jolla Country Day’s state title game to air on Time Warner Cable
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=104084