13 La Jolla athletes make All-CIF teams for winter sports
Thirteen high school athletes from La Jolla schools were named to all-CIF teams for various winter sports. Seven hailed from The Bishop’s School; five from La Jolla High School, and one from La Jolla Country Day School.
La Jolla Country Day’s Kelsey Plum was named the Player of the Year for girls basketball. Plum, who surpassed the 2,000-point mark in her career in February, averaged 27.4 points a game, according to the San Diego hall of champions. She helped lead the LJCDS Torreys to four straight section titles.
Plum is joined by Imani Littleton and Devon Roeper, both of The Bishop’s School, on the girls basketball all-Star First Team.
Jessica Webster is the second athlete to be named Player of the Year in La Jolla. Webster, a girls water polo star on the Bishop’s team, joins seven other athletes from La Jolla to make the CIF girls water polo team. Hannah Carrillo and Natalie Chun of Bishop’s, and Heidi Moreland and Lauren Silver of La Jolla high School made the first team. Madison Kafka-Asper of Bishop’s, and Sarah Young and Taylor Betrand of La Jolla high School made the second team. Bishop’s girls water polo coach Doug Peabody made coach of the Year.
Additionally, La Jolla high School’s Karly Zlatic and Bishop’s Geny Decker made the girls soccer second team.
- La Jolla Country Day’s Mathis named player of the year
- Water Polo CIF Finals: Cathedral Catholic High takes down La Jolla’s The Bishop’s School to win title in overtime
- Homecoming Football: La Jolla High School Vikings sweep Kearny Comets, 34-6
- La Jolla High water-polo team assists challenged athletes at San Diego Triathlon Challenge in La Jolla
- Turnover not a concern for La Jolla High hoopsters
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=104106