Scripps Clinic in La Jolla to expand
— City News Service
Philanthropist Darlene Shiley has pledged $5 million to build a comprehensive musculoskeletal care facility at Scripps Clinic, Scripps Health reported. The Donald P. and Darlene V. Shiley Musculoskeletal Center, which is scheduled to open on the first floor of the Torrey Pines Anderson Outpatient Pavilion in La Jolla in two years, will centralize orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, sports medicine, podiatry, rheumatology and research services.
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin in June, according to Scripps Health, which added that the need for orthopedic services will grow in the future as the population ages and more people seek ways to maintain an active lifestyle. Musculoskeletal services account for more than 100,000 patient visits at Scripps Clinic annually and more than half of all surgeries performed at Scripps Health facilities.
- Oncology Massage Non-Profit Arrives in La Jolla
- La Jolla oncologist pleads guilty to dispensing unapproved drugs
- New CHEERS Foundation to tout women’s health in La Jolla
- The different between a cold and the flu
- Scientists converge in La Jolla to discuss rising sea levels
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103596