La Jolla Shores named world’s best beach
The travel service Gogobot recently announced that voters among its 2.5 million registered users selected La Jolla Shores as the world’s best beach in the Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards. Rounding out the top 10 best beaches are: South Beach in Edgartown, Mass.; Leblon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Baker Beach in San Francisco; Lanikai Beach in Kailua, Hawaii; Manly Beach in Sydney, Australia; Baga Beach in Goa, India; Konyaalti Beach in Antalya, Turkey; Coney Island in Brooklyn, N.Y.; and Boulders Beach in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Polar Bear Plunge set for 10 a.m. Jan. 1 at La Jolla’s Kellogg Park in the Shores
- 2012: A Year Like No Other in La Jolla
- La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club readies for National Over 40 Hard Court Championships
- Man dies after dive at La Jolla Shores on Saturday
- California Surf Museum stoked over new Hansen retrospective
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103593