La Jolla Shores named world’s best beach
The travel service Gogobot recently announced that voters among its 2.5 million registered users selected La Jolla Shores as the world’s best beach in the Gogobot Travelers’ Favorite Awards. Rounding out the top 10 best beaches are: South Beach in Edgartown, Mass.; Leblon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Baker Beach in San Francisco; Lanikai Beach in Kailua, Hawaii; Manly Beach in Sydney, Australia; Baga Beach in Goa, India; Konyaalti Beach in Antalya, Turkey; Coney Island in Brooklyn, N.Y.; and Boulders Beach in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Polar Bear Plunge set for 10 a.m. Jan. 1 at La Jolla’s Kellogg Park in the Shores
- La Jolla surveyor says property markers are being inadvertently destroyed by city
- Disabled Sailing Championships set for Oct. 26-28 at San Diego Harbor
- Lifeguards busier than usual with normal-size crowds over holiday
- Beach fire pits saved by private-public partnership
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103593