St. Patrick’s Day poetry reading draws crowds to D.G. Wills bookstore in La Jolla
Retired UCLA professor Robert Brictson (right) talks about how anthropologists value Irish poetry before reading, ‘The Second Coming,’ by William Butler Yeats.
Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 8 photos from the D.G. Wills St. Patrick’s Day poetry reading.
D.G. Wills bookstore in La Jolla hosted its annual St. Patrick’s Day poetry reading on March 17, 2013 with experts and novices alike reading works by Irish authors. For the 34th year, the front of the bookstore was cleared out to make room for those in attendance, though it apparently wasn’t enough, as the audience spilled out into the street and alley on Girard Avenue (speakers were hooked up outside so everyone could hear). As they came and went throughout the night, patrons enjoyed Smithwick’s ale and Harps lager while listening to the good words.
— Ashley Mackin
- Heart of San Diego gala supports UCSD Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- En Garde! Bet your buns there’s a burger war going on … in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103665