Mary, Star of the Sea Church in La Jolla toasts St. Paddy’s Day
It wouldn’t be St. Patty’s Day without the green beer, so Darragh Rafferty obliged!
Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 8 photos from the Mary, Star of the Sea Church’s St. Patrick’s Day party.
On the eve of St. Patrick’s Day (March 16, 2013), Mary, Star of the Sea Catholic Church held a St. Patrick’s Cóisir at its Girard Avenue Parish Hall in La Jolla. Catered by Hennessey’s Tavern, the menu consisted of classic Irish fare, including corned beef and cabbage, Reuben sandwiches and shepherd’s pie. Visitors from other churches — and even two priests from Ireland — turned up for the party, which included music from trio Dicey Riley. More than 200 people filled the hall, donning green and enjoying the one day when everyone is Irish.
— Ashley Mackin
- Wine event nets fine vintages for upcoming auction gala in La Jolla
- Heart of San Diego gala supports UCSD Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
- All Hallows Academy hosts Family Fun Night ‘on-the-range’ in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103651