La Jolla Athenaeum to present three jazz concerts
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library’s jazz program returns to The Auditorium at TSRI, 10640 John Jay Hopkins Drive in La Jolla, for its annual spring series. Concert time is 8 p.m.
■ The music begins 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 3 with the Gerald Clayton Trio, featuring pianist Clayton with Joe Sanders on bass and Justin Brown on drums, in a special appearance with Mark Turner on tenor and soprano saxophones.
■ The series continues Wednesday, May 8 with a San Diego debut performance by Jason Moran and The Bandwagon, featuring pianist Moran with longtime band members Tarus Mateen on bass and Nasheet Waits on drums.
■ The series concludes Thursday, May 23 with a debut by the Anthony Wilson Seasons Guitar Quartet, featuring master guitarist Wilson and three fellow leading lights of the jazz guitar: Julian Lage, Chico Pinheiro and Larry Koonse. Tickets are expected to sell quickly. The series is $90 for members, $105 for non-members. Single concerts are $32 and $37. To purchase tickets, call (858) 454-5872 or visit ljathenaeum.org/jazz
- Sunday Musicale series begins this weekend at Darlington House
- Community Calendar Jan. 10 – Jan. 17, 2013
- La Jolla Presbyterian Church concert to benefit Superstorm Sandy survivors
- In The Spotlight: Des McAnuff returns for rock extravaganza premiering at Playhouse
- La Jolla Symphony/Chorus to open season with eclectic program, ‘Hero/Anti-Hero’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103111