Timken Museum of Art touts its Russian icons at White Nights dinner attended by La Jollans, San Diegans
Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 9 photos from the Timken Museum of Art’s “White Nights & Russian Delights” event.
The Timken Museum of Art hosted “White Nights & Russian Delights,” on March 1, 2013 in Balboa Park, San Diego. The event, co-chaired by Timken Board Chairman Tim Zinn and his wife, Ellen, featured a private viewing reception and dinner celebrating the museum’s Russian icon collection, newly installed by Executive Director John Wilson, Ph.D.
The Host Committee included Valerie Cooper, Jeanne Jones, Demi Rogozienski and Sally Thornton. Guests got an opportunity to hear remarks from Derrick Cartwright, Ph.D., formerly of the San Diego Museum of Art and the Seattle Art Museum, and now at the University of San Diego.
The theme, which celebrated Russian culture, was a rare opportunity to dine by candlelight on caviar, vodka tastings and Russian-inspired cuisine among the Old Master works of the Putnam Foundation’s permanent collection. The evening was topped off by Pomegranate Restaurant’s Russian Honey Cake and Strawberries Romanoff. Entertainment included Russian folk dancing by the San Diego Ballet and gypsy violin concertos. timkenmuseum.org
- New Athenaeum book celebrates 20 years, 40 artists of La Jolla’s Music & Arts Library
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=103300