Romantic partners want beautiful teeth above all other physical features, study says
By Dr. Joseph D’Angelo, D.D.S.
When it comes to the dating scene, there’s no doubt that physical attractiveness plays a large role among singles. And according to a recent national study, beautiful teeth top the list even over other physical traits like trim bodies or a full head of hair.
In a Match.com survey of almost 5,500 single adults over the age of 21, the popular dating site found that among all other physical qualities, teeth – meaning a white, straight healthy smile – were the most popularly desired physical trait among both men and women.
Fifty-five percent of men judged teeth as the most important physical quality while a staggering 71 percent of women ranked teeth as the top feature.
Teeth were closely followed by grammar, hair and clothes as other important material qualities when selecting a romantic partner.
“From a Darwinian perspective, good teeth are a real indication of your health — how much you drink, smoke, what you’re eating,” said biological anthropologist Helen Fisher, a research professor at Rutgers University and a Match.com adviser who helped develop the survey according to a report at USA Today.
5 STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING YOUR SMILE
If you’re like many singles in San Diego or if you simply want to get your love life thriving, you want to put your best face forward. Consider the following tips for improving your smile while getting ahead with your romantic partner. Here’s how.
1. Whiten your smile. White teeth not only look beautiful, but they also signify health and hygiene. Professional whitening treatment in our La Jolla office can help you achieve white teeth that last longer than strips or other whitening methods.
2. Invisalign. White teeth make an impact, but when a white smile is coupled with straight, beautiful teeth, the wow factor increases significantly. Invisalign in La Jolla is an excellent way to achieve straight teeth without the need for traditional orthodontics.
3. Veneers. Dental veneers are an excellent choice for men and women who want to improve any discoloration, irregularities in shape, or to repair the wear and tear of aging. They are natural-looking, translucent and work well to transform the look of your smile.
4. Dental implants. When it comes to attractive smiles, missing teeth have no place. Dental implants offer the most natural and beautiful results. With an outstanding history of success, they provide a permanent, desirable option for the patient looking for a long-term, reliable solution for replacing missing teeth.
5. Replace your old silver or black fillings. Even though these materials last a long time and have been a successful restoration modality, let’s face it — they are not attractive. New composite and porcelain restorations not only look natural and healthy, they can also help the integrity of the teeth.
For more information on improving the look of your smile, call my office at 858-459-6224 or log onto www.joethedentist.com .
- Beauty Trends in Cosmetic Dentistry: Natural-Looking Veneers
- San Diego Buyer’s Market: ‘The Deal of a Lifetime’
- Liposuction alternative: Zeltiq CoolSculpting
- Children and Psoriasis: What Every Parent Needs to Know
- Winterize Your Skin: 5 Essential Skin Care Tips for Eczema Sufferers
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=102886