Kyoto Prize laureates to discuss their work during free lectures
The Kyoto Prize Symposium returns to San Diego next week with presentations at three universities by this year’s laureates, who were announced earlier in Japan.
Ivan Sutherland, Ph.D., widely regarded as the “Father of Computer Graphics,” will speak at 10 a.m. March 13 at San Diego State University; Yoshinori Ohsumi, Ph.D., recognized for his work in cell recycling, will speak at 3:30 p.m. March 13 at UC San Diego; and Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, an activist for women’s equality and minority rights, will speak at 10:30 a.m. March 14 at the University of San Diego.
All three talks are free and open to the public; online reservations may be made at kyotoprize-us.org. For opening night/gala information, call (858) 352-8400.
- La Jolla Community Calendar Dec. 13 – Dec. 20, 2012
- La Jolla reception offers sample of upcoming Kyoto Prize lectures
- Community Calendar Nov. 29 – Dec. 6
- Nov. 15 – Nov. 22 Community Calendar
- Break dancing sensation comes to La Jolla as part of yoga class
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=102653