Caffe Bella Italia’s Zuppa di Barbabietola e Zenzero con Ricotta Acida
(Organic Red Beets with Ginger and a touch of sour cream)
• 3 pounds organic red beets, medium size
• 1 golden onion
• 3 Russet potatoes
• 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 gallon veggie stock
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup of cream
• 4 spoons fresh ricotta cheese
• Fresh ginger
Execution: 60 minutes
Wash red beets. On the stove, place red beets in a pot full of water, cover it and let cook for 30 minutes on low heat. Turn off and let them cool down. Strain the beets, peel and chop, medium size.
In a different pan, warm up oil; add chopped onion, potatoes and beets. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Cover with veggie stock. Bring to boil (about 30 minutes). Add salt and pepper. Cool down. Use blender to obtain a “veloute.” Add cup of cream, mixing it with spoon. Add ricotta and grate in a touch of fresh ginger. Mix together.
Serve it warm or at room temperature. Garnish using sprouts or micro salad.
- Zanzibar’s Chicken Curry Mayo Salad
- Seasons 52′s Chicken Skewers
- Cafe Japengo’s Kobe Beef Burger
- Urban Plates’ Turkey Salad
- On The Menu Recipe: Osteria Romantica’s Espresso Martini
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=102446