San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
San Diego Opera opened its 48th International Season with a grand soiree, honoring 2013 sponsors Conrad Prebys and Debbie Turner, on Jan. 26 at the Civic Theatre in downtown San Diego. Following cocktails and dinner, patrons attended the season opener, Donizetti’s comedy “Daughter of the Regiment.” The San Diego Opera season continued with Saint-Saëns’ “Samson and Delilah,” which had four performances in February. The rest of the 2013 season includes:
• “Murder in the Cathedral” by Ildebrando Pizzetti on March 30 and April 2, 5, 7 (matinee).
• “Aida” by by Giuseppe Verdi on April 20, 23, 26, 28 (matinee).
• “Cruzar la Cara de la Luna” (To Cross the Face of the Moon). Music by José “Pepe” Martínez. Lyrics by José “Pepe” Martínez and Leonard Foglia on March 16, 2013.
For tickets and information, visit sdopera.com or call (619) 533-7000 (Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- 83rd Candlelight Ball benefits Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Sanford-Burnham Institute holds ‘Marching Towards a Cure’ gala in La Jolla
- Wine event nets fine vintages for upcoming auction gala in La Jolla
- Big Brothers Big Sisters honors Padres Chairman Ron Fowler as 2012 ‘Person of the Year’ at La Jolla event
- Congregation Beth Israel of La Jolla marks its 150th year with gala featuring actor/singer Mandy Patinkin
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=102149