La Jolla High to host Relay for Life fundraiser
La Jolla High School (LJHS) will host a Relay for Life: Teens for a Cure event, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday, Feb. 23 at the La Jolla High School Track at 750 Nautilus St.
The event is organized by the Associated Student Body of La Jolla High and is open to the public. The event is free; however, because it is a fundraiser, there will be a suggested donation of $10 per person. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
The student-organized walk will involve several La Jolla Schools and is open to the La Jolla community. The event will feature entertainment by LJHS entertainers Saline Solutions and DJ 2B, and a keynote address from Cancer survivors, one of whom is a teacher and LJHS coach, Tom Atwell.
- Students from La Jolla’s four high schools shine in talent show to raise cash for scholarships
- Water Polo: La Jolla’s The Bishop’s School and Cathedral Catholic High earn berths in CIF boys’ final
- Marines challenge La Jolla High students
- Cornell program a worthwhile venture
- Principals struggling with budget pinch
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101963