Celebrate International Women’s Day with ‘Girl Rising’ in La Jolla
Barbara Field, Sr. Analyst in Business & Financial Services at UC San Diego, Regional Director of The Op Ed Project and Mentor for The Afghan Women’s Writing Project, is bringing a groundbreaking documentary to La Jolla. Girl Rising is a film that portrays the inspiring stories of nine girls from around the world, struggling to overcome incredible odds to achieve an education.
The film will be shown at La Jolla AMC, 8657 Villa La Jolla Dr #129 at 7:30 p.m. on March 7, but only if enough tickets are sold. Tickets are $10. Bring your friends and buy tickets by Feb. 28th at: https://www.facebook.com/events/344207942360304. If there are technical problems, try a different browser or email email@example.com tickets, and mention it’s for Barbara Field, Girl Rising, La Jolla, CA.
The film includes vocal performances by Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Selena Gomez, Kerry Washington, Cate Blanchett, Salma Hayek, Alicia Keys, Freida Pinto and Liam Neeson.
- AMC La Jolla upgrades seating, concessions for New Year
- Toon Time: Spike and Mike Festival of Animation returns to La Jolla for 30th anniversary spectacular
- Jewish Film Fest to offer La Jolla filmgoers a celebration of New York, diversity
- Two films about autism to screen in La Jolla on Jan. 19 at Sherwood Auditorium
- ArcLight Cinemas opens 14-screen theater at Westfield UTC mall
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101887