Two La Jollans star in Junior Theatre production, The Borrowers, this weekend in Balboa Park
Two young La Jolla actresses have the lead roles in the San Diego Junior Theatre production of “The Borrowers,” running weekends through Feb. 17 at Roosevelt Middle School Theatre, 3366 Park Boulevard in Balboa Park.
Hannelore Manriquez, 15, plays Homily, and Nora Joyce, 13, is Arrietty.
“The Borrowers,” is based on the award-winning book by Mary Norton, recently adapted for the animated feature “The Secret World of Arrietty.” It follows the Clock family, tiny people who live beneath the floorboards of an old manor on the English countryside.
When the Clocks are discovered by the actual residents of the manor, they have to flee to the countryside.
Watch a rehearsal:
- Junior Theatre stages musical “Frog and Toad” in Balboa Park
- ‘Good People’ often find few alternatives in times of trouble
- Let’s Review: Stunning performances take ‘Allegiance’ over the top
- Let’s Review: Laughter spills all through ‘Rafta, Rafta’— a gem of a comedy playing at the Old Globe
- At the Playhouse, The Little Tramp is a star once again
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101683