Looking ahead: luxury home remodel trends of the future
By Scott Murfey
We live in an exciting time for innovation; and when it comes to planning a luxury home remodel, this couldn’t be more accurate. According to the Wall Street Journal, exhibitors at the recent International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas rolled out exciting new ideas for home construction and remodeling in the years to come. From materials to fixtures, appliances to cutting-edge technologies, home builders – and homeowners – are on the cusp of a new age.
Top innovations in homebuilding
The Wall Street Journal reports that, with new home construction and home sales statistics on the rise, attendees at the International Builders’ Show exuded an air of optimism moving forward into the New Year. This positive tone helped highlight some of the new priorities among contemporary homeowners, including energy efficiency, multitasking appliances and designer fixtures. Among the highlights:
- Space-age appliances: From a refrigerator that automatically heats water and filters for trace elements to an all-in-one grill, smoker, rotisserie oven and barbecue for the backyard, multitasking appliances took center stage among in-home creations to save both time and space.
- Eco-friendliness and energy efficiency: With sustainability and energy savings alike on the minds of many homeowners, concepts like the EcoSmart “fireplace” – a unit that burns bioethanol for a flameless and effective room-heating blaze – may be the wave of the future. Generators have also grown increasingly popular, leading to the production of smaller, more streamlined units with a reduced carbon footprint.
- Digital dominance: With outlet space in high demand in order to charge today’s growing number of digital devices, one manufacturer is trailblazing an outlet that features one electrical socket and two USB ports for a charger-free plug-in.
- Luxury amenities: Saunas and elevators are both making a comeback as home prices – and with them, homeowner prospects – begin to rise. As for the little things, one can always go for a less-is-more approach with sleek, modern, and now even designer fixtures from the likes of Jason Wu.
Whatever your home remodeling or homebuilding needs, these and other innovations can serve to spark inspiration and inspire a new perspective. Whether you are considering a full-scale remodel, an entirely new home or a simple facelift for one of two rooms in the house, it’s time to think big, think ahead, and put your plans into action.
To learn more about creative new options for home remodeling, or to discuss your project ideas with a custom builder in La Jolla, contact us as Murfey Construction today. Visit us online, at www.murfeyconstruction.com.
- Planning your La Jolla home remodel: curb appeal renovations to enhance your home and boost resale value
- New Year, new home: get inspired with custom bathroom remodel designs
- Home improvement industry anticipates strong growth for 2013
- Kitchen design trends: expert tips and ideas for planning your kitchen remodel
- Spring home repair list: cut costs with smart inspections and upgrades
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101591