Students from La Jolla’s four high schools shine in talent show to raise cash for scholarships
La Jolla Country Day senior Danli Liang passionately plays the piano as the show opener.
The 10th annual Stars In Our Eyes talent show, held Jan. 25, 2013 at La Jolla High School’s Parker Auditorium, showcased students’ abilities and raised money for college scholarships. Presented by the Rotary Club of La Jolla, the show featured 17 different acts, including singing, dancing and acting, as well as a student art exhibit. More than 125 students from La Jolla High School, The Bishop’s School, La Jolla Country Day School and Preuss School at UCSD performed, helped set up the show, worked backstage or contributed a piece of art. “We give around $150,000 annually in scholarships to college-bound graduates of the four La Jolla high schools,” said Kate Adams, Rotary Club president.
- The Bishop’s School in La Jolla pours out 23rd Christmas Tea at popular event
- St. Germaine Silver Tea in La Jolla raises funds to aid child protection services
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
- Art & Wine Festival raises $100,000 for La Jolla schools
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101442