Anti-Defamation League to host cyber-bullying conference
The Anti-Defamation League San Diego Regional Office will present the fourth annual Cyber- Bullying Conference to explore effective strategies and policies to “click off” from cyber hate, 8 a.m. Feb. 25 at the University of San Diego Institute for Peace and Justice, 5998 Alcalá Park.
San Diego middle and high schools are encouraged to send representatives in up to two “teams” of six — with representation from the student body, educators, administrators, counseling departments, school resource officers and PTA members — to come together and address cyber-bullying and bias on campus. The cost is $150 per team, and includes breakfast, lunch and all conference material.
The conference is designed to empower participants to effectively address cyber-bullying. Participating school teams will complete an ac- tion plan to implement at their school site.
For more information, visit adl.org/cyber2013
- The Facts About Bullying: San Diego district attorney’s office holds talks to end the scourge, La Jolla schools weigh-in on discussion
- The Principal’s Office: Meet Jill Platt. Coffee, prayer and love of students fuels All Hallows Academy principal in La Jolla
- Social Life – Upcoming Events
- Wine tasting benefit held for La Jolla Community Center
- Editor’s notebook: School board’s Evans does support Prop. J
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101359