Spring Makeover: La Jolla corner plaza getting new patio, fresh look
The shopping center at 1030 Torrey Pines Road (at Herschel Avenue) that is home to two restaurants, a market, hair salon, dry cleaners and other merchants will receive a makeover that includes renovated public restrooms, an expanded patio area and repaved parking lot.
Renovations will be finished by late March, said Asset Management Group Vice President Marilyn Schlueter.
“We’re going to upgrade the bathrooms and patio area to include 30 percent more seating and give it a more contemporary look,” Schlueter said.
Additional upgrades include decorative, interlocking pavers for the patio, new landscaping, fresh paint and new planters.
Pepe Stepensky, owner of Porkyland Mexican restaurant, has been a tenant in the center for three decades and says he looks forward to the renovations.
“It was about time to do something with the center and it’s going to be really beautiful,” Stepensky said. “We’re all very excited. … This location is a little piece of heaven. Now it’s going to look even better.”
— Pat Sherman
- La Jolla planning association requests revisions to confusing Shores rebuild plans
- Planning association asks Scripps to halt construction of project obscuring coastal views
- Kudos: La Jolla’s Sycamore Court is a winner
- Building permits in La Jolla March 7-11
- Sewer main replacement work continuing on La Jolla Boulevard
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101239