Truluck’s La Jolla Pan-Seared Soft Shell Crab in Brown Butter Lemon-Caper Sauce
• 2 cups flour
• 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 2 soft shell blue crabs
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• 2 Tablespoons capers
• 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• Juice of 1 lemon
1. Combine flour, Old Bay Seasoning, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Dredge crabs in the mixture and let rest for 3 minutes.
2. Add the butter to sauté pan on high heat and cook until slightly browned. Add the crabs and sear one side for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the crabs from the pan and keep warm. Add the capers, parsley and lemon juice to the pan juices. Stir to combine and heat through.
4. To serve, spoon the sauce on a warm serving plate and top with cooked crabs. A simple side of white or brown rice completes the meal. Serves 1.
- Flagship Cruises’ Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Manadrin House’s Volcano Cocktail
- On the Menu Recipe: Burlap’s Asian Cowboy Shrimp and Grits
- Hexagone’s Moscovy Duck Breast and Leg Confit with Orange Sauce
- On the Menu Recipe: Port Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs from Chef Jason Knibb of Nine-Ten
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=101074