Woman found dead off Scripps Pier Saturday is identified as Alyssa Pezzoli of Spring Valley
The woman found dead and floating in the waters off Scripps Pier by surfers on Saturday has been identified as Alyssa Collette Pezzoli, 19, of Spring Valley.
City News Service reports Pezzoli was spotted lifeless in the Pacific Ocean, about 100 yards northwest of the tip of the pier, and reported to lifeguards about 12:20 p.m., Jan. 26.
The UC San Diego campus police department is handling the investigation as the pier is within its jurisdiction. Jeff Gattas, a UCSD spokesman, told La Jolla Light the death appears to be accidental and that there were no signs of foul play. The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office has yet to release a cause of death.
Gattas said Pezzoli was not a UCSD student. —Ashley Mackin
- Tar balls reported near Scripps Pier
- Woman assaulted on UCSD campus
- Blue whales spotted off La Jolla
- Scripps researcher showcases the restoration of marine park in Baja
- Casa de Mañana residents say thank you to local firefighters, paramedics
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=100967