Can you Kazoo? Find out at special event on Jan. 28 at Geisel Library, UCSD campus, La Jolla
The exhibit, “The Kazoo: More than just an annoying party favor,” showcases its African and African-American roots, plots its place in Americana, reveals its role in the early jazz age, catalogs its classical repertoire, and peeks at its popular music successes, now through Jan. 30 at Geisel Library at UC San Diego.
A collection of kazoos is displayed along with information on the physics behind how the kazoo works. At noon on Monday, Jan. 28 (National Kazoo Day) all library visitors will get a free kazoo! (858) 822-5758.
- La Jolla reception offers sample of upcoming Kyoto Prize lectures
- The Magic of Medicine: Harry Potter’s world of wizardry inspires exhibit coming to Geisel Library
- La Jolla Art Association hosts reception for Variations of a Theme
- New Athenaeum exhibit celebrates work of two famed watercolorists
- Works in new San Diego Museum of Art exhibit offer a history of Spanish art
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=100635