Music, art and dining should bring PGA visitors to Haute La Jolla Nights, Jan. 24-26 during Farmers Insurance Open
Want to know more?
• LaJollaByTheSea.com for details on the Haute La Jolla Nights schedule, parking maps, specials, and information about festivities or (858) 454-5718
• FarmersInsuranceOpen.com/Tickets for tickets to the Farmers Insurance Open or call (858) 886-4653
• Facebook.com/FarmersInsuranceOpen latest tournament field, news and action
From merchants association reports
The La Jolla Village Merchants Association will partner with the Farmers Insurance Open to bring Haute La Jolla nights, a series of free concerts, fine art, shopping and dining deals to La Jolla Village during the PGA Tournament at Torrey Pines Golf Course, Jan. 21-27, 2013.
“Haute La Jolla Nights” will begin after golf play at Torrey Pines each day from 4 to 9 p.m. Jan. 24-26, 2013.
“We want to enhance the experience of visitors to La Jolla during the PGA Tournament by turning up the volume and the energy in the Village with live music and additional activities in the shops, galleries and restaurants,” said Sheila Fortune, executive director of the La Jolla Village Merchants Association.
All valet stands in the Village will be designated Public Valet Parking at the standard valet rates. All pay and display lots/garages will have signage indicating available tournament parking. Shuttles will be available at $5 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. with pick up at the La Jolla Information Center, 1162 Prospect St.
To top off all the action, the parking lot next the Information Center on Prospect Street will become a wine and beer garden with live music, 4-9 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26. Guests must be age 21 and older to attend and have a valid ID to enter.
Here is a list of the bands and solo artists who will play at outdoor locations, primarily on Prospect Street and Girard and Herschel Avenues:
• Pop singer/songwriters Aja Lee and Tiffany James
• Latin/Jazz from Anthony Mendez, Elegance Music, Santana Ways and The Chilla Trio
• African music from Bolga Zohdoomah
• Rock and roll from La Jolla’s Stone Horse
• Island beach rock from Casey Turner and Saline Solution
• Blues from Charlie Blue
• Rock, jazz and blues from Dialog Project
• Reggae from Dub Grammer
• Rock from Fakebook, Ganja, Johnny yurock and The Room Downstairs
• Folk tunes from Larry Johnson
• Jazz from Paris Sorci Trio, Plink, and MorSol
• Bluegrass from No Name City
• Just about anything from La Jolla’s own Neveready
Many restaurants and bars will offer dinner and drink specials:
• Amici’s — 811 Prospect St. The East Coast-style pizzeria extends its Happy Hour during Haute La Jolla nights.
• BarFly — 909 Prospect St. Happy Hour 4-8 p.m. Thursday, Friday, pass to “the hottest night Club in town.”
• Eddie V’s — 1270 Prospect St. Seafood and sea views with a special menu for Haute Happy Hour 4-7 p.m. The V Lounge is for mixing, mingling and music after 9 p.m.
• Hennessey’s Tavern — 7811 Herschel Ave. Half-price martinis for Karaoke Thursday. Friday Happy Hour with half-price appetizers. Live music starts at 9 p.m.
• Herringbone — 7837 Herschel Ave. Haute Deal: $1 Oyster Bar and Drink Specials 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Friday.
• Jose’s Courtroom — 1037 Prospect St. Extended Happy Hour Thursday 4-9 p.m. Enter drawings for prizes.
• La Jolla Brew House — 7536 Fay Ave. Live Music every night during Haute nights. n Prospect Bar & Grill — 1025 Prospect St. 30% off bill during Happy Hour with coupon from lajollabythesea.com Music 6-9 p.m. Friday, Saturday, no cover night club.
• Puesto Mexican Street Food — 1026 Wall St. 10% off meal with coupon LaJollaBytheSea.com
• Roppongi restaurant and Sushi Bar — 875 Prospect St. Free tapas with dine-in purchase. n Sushi on the rock — 1025 Prospect St. Specials to 9 p.m. Thursday.
Art gallery receptions:
• Africa and Beyond — 1250 Prospect St. Meet the designers at a jewelry trunk show for one-of-a-kind creations, Saturday.
• Contemporary Fine Art — 7946 Ivanhoe Ave. Meet artists, sip wine, nibble light fare and view works.
• Galeria Jan — 1250 Prospect St. Art from Europe, uSA and China. “Crazy 1970s” reception, 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Madison Gallery — 1020 Prospect St. Art, wine, food and live music each night.
• Mangelsen – Images of Nature Gallery — 7916 Girard Ave. Light fare while viewing 12 new releases by wildlife photographer, Thomas D. Mangelsen. Enter to win a framed poster “The Bad Boys of the Arctic.”
• Martin Lawrence Gallery — 1111 Prospect St. Original paintings, sculptures by the most recognized artists including; Chagall, Picasso and Warhol.
• Peter Lik Gallery — 1205 Prospect St. Modern landscape photography, drinks, appetizers and live music, each night.
• Adelaide’s Flowers — 7766 Girard ave. Cocktails, demonstrations on creating spring floral designs, Satuday.
• Aja rugs — 1020 Prospect St. Live music and chance to win a $1,500 handmade rug.
• Pomegranate — 1152 Prospect St. Sale on items from artists in Europe, asia and the u.S. Free gift with purchase. Enter to win a silk hand pleated and dyed “Shibori” Scarf, value $235.
• Sunglass Hut — 1049 Prospect St. Oakley rep will introduce innovations and new styles, gift with purchase.
• We Olive — 1158 Prospect St. Free artisan cheese platter with wine purchase. Bring offer from lajollabythesea.com for 10 percent off retail purchase.
- La Jolla Village merchants team with golf tournament to offer perks at 2013 Farmers Insurance Open
- Volunteers needed for Farmers Insurance Open PGA golf tournament in La Jolla
- Village Merchants name new director, locate new office and visitor site
- Farmer’s Open big opportunity for La Jolla Country Day golfer
- Restaurateur starts online petition to force action on La Jolla Cove stench
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=100467