Big Brothers Big Sisters honors Padres Chairman Ron Fowler as 2012 ‘Person of the Year’ at La Jolla event
Some 700 guests attended Big Brothers Big Sisters’ 50th annual Gourmet Dinner at La Jolla Hyatt Aventine in October 2012. They helped raise $600,000 for the youth-mentoring program and honored BBBS’ 2012 “Person of the Year,” Ron Fowler, CEO of Liquid Investments Inc. and chairman of the San Diego Padres.
“Ron has been a long-time investor in Big Brother Big Sisters’ mission of providing one-to-one mentoring for children facing adversity. His support of our Amachi program, providing mentors to children with a parent in prison, has had a major impact on some of San Diego’s most vulnerable children,” said Paul Palmer, CEO and president of BBBS San Diego County.
The evening’s festivities were emceed by Kate Snow, board member of BBBS of America and correspondent on NBC News “Rock Center with Brian Williams.”
In San Diego, BBBS serves children, ages 7-18, through six different programs. For more information, visit sdbigs.org
- Sanford-Burnham Institute holds ‘Marching Towards a Cure’ gala in La Jolla
- Congregation Beth Israel of La Jolla marks its 150th year with gala featuring actor/singer Mandy Patinkin
- Social Service League of La Jolla gala is a holiday affair
- St. Germaine Silver Tea in La Jolla raises funds to aid child protection services
- UPDATED: ‘End of an Era’: David Copley left behind legacy of giving
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=100311