Volunteers needed for Farmers Insurance Open PGA golf tournament in La Jolla
The Farmers Insurance Open golf tournament is still accepting volunteers for the Jan. 21-27 PGA event at Torrey Pines Golf Course.
Organizers are looking for Marshals to maintain player safety and crowd control. Marshals are responsible for locating and protecting bad shots, controlling noise and cell phone use, and reinforcing crowd control with signage and patron ropes.
Other committees in need of volunteers include: standard bearers, who are responsible for accompanying the golfers with score display boards; leaderboards, who keep up-to-the-minute records of scores; shotlink laser team, who operates the laser that records shot information; will call and admissions, and more.
There will be a mandatory orientation on a date to be announced. For information and to sign up as a volunteer, visit farmersinsuranceopen.com/volunteers-2
- Village Merchants name new director, locate new office and visitor site
- Torrey Pines Rotarian completes cross-country bike ride
- La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club readies for National Over 40 Hard Court Championships
- Paolucci makes the cut at Torrey Pines
- Schlicher wins La Jolla Tour of Bouys; Tanner victory voided
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=99814