Social Service League of La Jolla gala is a holiday affair
Carolyn Robinson, Mary Kinyon, Annette Ritchie-Buis, Susan Oliver, Burry Vincent and Lynne Newman, members of the silent auction committee
The Social Service League of La Jolla hosted its ninth annual Christmas Cabaret at the Darlington House on Olivetas Avenue in La Jolla on Dec. 8, 2012. Guests participated in live and silent auctions, a cocktail supper, and were treated to music by Blue Largo Band with Greg Watson on the piano.
Darlington House is owned and operated by Social Service League of La Jolla, a non-profit public benefit corporation. The mission of the many generous volunteers is to provide housing and meal support to seniors who have lived and worked in the San Diego area. The organization began assisting seniors during the Great Depression and incorporated in 1947.
Darlington House was purchased by Social Service League of La Jolla in 1968 from the estate of Mrs. Sybil Darlington. In addition to the beautiful home, the sale provided property to further expand The League House next door.
For information on how to support Social Service League’s mission, e-mail SSL@darlingtonhouse.com
- Congregation Beth Israel of La Jolla marks its 150th year with gala featuring actor/singer Mandy Patinkin
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
- St. Germaine Silver Tea in La Jolla raises funds to aid child protection services
- The Bishop’s School in La Jolla pours out 23rd Christmas Tea at popular event
- Natural High gala makes a big Sunset Splash with ‘Soul Surfer’ Bethany Hamilton in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=99847