In the Spirit: Seven places to raise your glass in La Jolla Dec. 31
Compiled by Pat Sherman
Whether you plan to savor, sop up or toast the New Year, consider celebrating with one of these festive midnight palliatives, served up at a number of La Jolla hotspots — or hit the town and discover what other seasonal sips and non-alcoholic refreshments await to help you usher in 2013.
Of course, if you’ve had a wee too much merriment, call a cab. Yellow Cab dispatchers can be reached from any local area code by dialing 444-4444 or by texting a complete address to 777222.
The Automobile Club of Southern California (AAA) also offers a free “Tipsy Tow” service, 6 p.m. New Year’s Eve to 6 a.m. New Year’s Day. Call 1-800-400-4AAA for a free ride and tow home within a seven-mile range.
1. CUSP Dining & Drinks 7955 La Jolla Shores Drive cusprestaurant.com
• Midnight In Paris: Grey Goose vodka, Yellow Chartreuse, Crème de Peche and cucumber topped with champagne.
• Also offering: The John McEnroe (Power’s Irish whiskey, Pimm’s, fresh lime juice, strawberries and a house- made syrup of cumin, celery and carrots) and the Sir Rudy (an 1800s-style, creamy “flip” containing egg, Cruzan Black Strap rum, Del Maguey Vida, demerara sugar and nutmeg).
2. Beaumont’s, 5662 La Jolla Blvd. (Bird Rock) beaumontseatery.com
• Don’t You Judge Me: Kettle One Citron vodka, champagne, fresh orange juice and a splash of cranberry, served on ice with an orange twist or slice.
3. Herringbone, 7837 Herschel Ave. herringboneeats.com • The Health Food: Gin, fresh celery, arugula, pressed lemon and carbonated water.
4. George’s at the Cove, 1250 Prospect St. georgesatthecove.com • Elegant Lady: George’s strawberry-infused vodka with Chambord, lemon and champagne.
5. The Steakhouse at Azul, 1250 Prospect St., brigantine.com/azul
• Pumpkin Spice Martini: Captain Morgan spiced rum, pumpkin simple syrup, whipped cream, nutmeg and cinnamon sugar.
6. BarFly, 909 Prospect St. #100 barflylajolla.com • The Aroma: Belvedere vodka, coffee liqueur and Aroma espresso served in a chocolate-rimmed martini glass.
7. Living Room, 1010 Prospect St. livingroomcafe.com Open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. New Year’s Eve; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. New Year’s Day
• Eggnog Latte: Eggnog, milk and espresso topped with ground cinnamon and Ghirardelli chocolate. • Also serving: Peppermint Mocha (peppermint syrup, espresso and premium chocolate-mocha milk).
- Taco Tuesdays: annual neighborhood parties in the Shores help forge enduring friendships
- Restaurant Week will feature the area’s best
- Restaurateur starts online petition to force action on La Jolla Cove stench
- Hot Sounds: It’s Summer in the Village
- Chefs and foodies come together to ‘Celebrate the Craft’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=99448