Fake SDG&E employee reported calling on homes in La Jolla on Dec. 21
From SDG&E Reports
San Diego Gas & Electric reported receiving a call that someone in La Jolla was possibly posing as an SDG&E employee on Dec. 21 and the utility wanted to give homeowners a warning “heads up,” said Gina Jacobs, Communications Manager.
“SDG&E workers on company business are required to carry a photo ID badge and employee uniforms usually have the SDG&E logo,” Jacobs wrote via e-mail. “Always ask for identification before allowing anyone inside your home.” She said most of the time, an SDG&E employee will visit in response to a service request. If no one scheduled an appointment, call SDG&E at (800) 411-SDGE (7343) before allowing anyone inside. Occasionally, SDG&E employees will stop by without an appointment but they will always have photo ID.
“If you are still not sure, do not open the door and call SDG&E at (800) 411-SDGE (7343),” Jacobs stated. ”SDG&E customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you.”
- Breaking News: SDG&E crews working to repair downed electric lines in La Jolla
- SDG&E presents $2.4 million check to UC San Diego for energy efficiency efforts
- Some area beaches still closed after power outage
- Power restored after outage in Torrey Pines area
- SDG&E finds cause of Sept. 16 La Jolla gas leak
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=99266