La Jolla Country Day, other San Diego high schools to play at Holiday Classic basketball tourney
Torrey Pines High School will host its 23rd annual boys prep Under Armour Holiday Classic Basketball Tournament presented by Lucky Duck Foundation Dec. 26-29, 2012. Games will begin at 10 a.m. on Dec. 26.
Tournaments will be held in five divisions, with games played at Torrey Pines (National Division), La Jolla Country Day (American), Santa Fe Christian (Senator’s), Rancho Bernardo (Governor’s) and Carlsbad High School (Mayor’s).
Teams from the United States and British Columbia, Canada will be in attendance, including California powers Salesian and Sheldon High Schools, St. John’s from Houston and Lincoln from Tacoma, Wash.
Top players competing in the tournament include Jabari Bird (Salesian), Ivan Rabb (Bishop O’Dowd), Justise Winslow (St. John’s), Kameron Rooks (Mission Hills) and Ahmaad Rorie (Lincoln).
Tickets can be purchased at the door. For National Division games at Torrey Pines High School, tickets cost $10 per day. Tickets at the other four schools will be $8 per day.
Tournament passes will be available to buy on the first day, and discounted tickets will be sold for children and seniors.
• For a list of teams, directions to the schools, scores, daily bracket updates and start times: theholidayclassic.org
- Football: La Jolla Country Day loses CIF quarterfinals to Horizon Panthers, 40-24
- Water Polo CIF Finals: Cathedral Catholic High takes down La Jolla’s The Bishop’s School to win title in overtime
- Water Polo: La Jolla’s The Bishop’s School and Cathedral Catholic High earn berths in CIF boys’ final
- La Jolla Youth Baseball opens registration for 2013 season
- Bishop’s comes up short in Holiday Classic
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=99019