The Bishop’s School in La Jolla pours out 23rd Christmas Tea at popular event
Cassandra Wong, Head of School Aimeclaire Roche and Susan Zau
By Ashley Mackin
The Bishop’s School in La Jolla hosted its 23rd annual Christmas Tea, “Joy to the World” on Nov. 29, 2012. It featured the school’s choir and a Living Nativity, along with tea and food at the school’s Ellen Browning Scripps Hall.
As parents, teachers, community members and students mingled, finger foods and tea were served. Then a performance from the school’s choir and a prayer led by Rev. Brian Fidler entertained the standing-room only audience. In accordance with the theme, Bishop’s Head of School Aimeclaire Roche opened the ceremony with a reading of the lyrics to “Joy to the World” and thanked her fellow organizers, Cassandra Wong and Susan Zau. Roche then introduced the choir, who sang Christmas songs as a living nativity walked through the hall and stood in front of the choir.
“The theme ‘Joy to the World’ and the Tea itself is a great community moment,” Roche said. “It reminds me, particularly at a time when we face unrest in geo-political circles, that all peoples and nations — and in turn, their peace and prosperity — are interdependent. There is no better time than Christmas to remind ourselves how precious joy is, and to work with all our talents for more joy in our communities and more peace in the world.”
- The Principal’s Office: Meet Jill Platt. Coffee, prayer and love of students fuels All Hallows Academy principal in La Jolla
- All Hallows Academy hosts Family Fun Night ‘on-the-range’ in La Jolla
- The Principal’s Office: Meet Patricia Lowell. Principal of Stella Maris Academy keeps children in mind
- La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
- The Principal’s Office: Meet Alison Fleming. Powered by hugs, the head of La Jolla’s The Gillispie School strives to lead by example
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=98998