La Jolla power pole downed in suspected drunken driving crash
A suspected drunken driver crashed into a power pole, causing a blackout in a small area of La Jolla Saturday night, U-T San Diego reported.
The accident occurred about 8:40 p.m. on Skylark Drive near Ladybird Lane.
The 42-year-old driver lost control of her Honda sedan on a curve and hit the utility pole, San Diego police Officer Dino Delimitros told the U-T. The pole snapped at the base and landed on the hood and roof of the car.
Firefighters got the woman out of the car and police took her into custody on suspicion of drunken driving, Delimitros said.
Power was out for 56 customers in the area, according to the San Diego Gas & Electric Co. website. Utility crews came out to make repairs.
- Breaking News: SDG&E crews working to repair downed electric lines in La Jolla
- Shop owner seeks to replace Cove bluff plantings that ruffled some La Jollans’ feathers
- Westfield UTC ‘re-opens’ upscale shopping center with new retailers
- Students reach out to San Diego families in need for “Operation Santa”
- Taste of La Jolla raises $19,000 for La Jolla High School
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=98954