Fat Fish Cantina Grill’s Shrimp Pozole
• 15 black tiger shrimp, 3 per bowl
• 2 cups hominy
• 1 ear fresh corn
• 4 cups red chile broth
• 1 teaspoon chicharron or bacon
• 1 ounce cabbage
• 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
• 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
Red Chile Broth
• 2 pounds pork belly
• 2 quarts chicken stock
• 2 quarts water
• 2 cups ancho chile paste
Rub the pork belly in ancho chile paste and slightly brown the pork. Immerse the pork belly in chicken broth (chicken stock and water) and simmer on low until reduced.
Ladle the red chile broth over the black tiger shrimp and poach slowly until the shrimp is just cooked.
Garnish with hominy, corn, cabbage, red onion and cilantro, and top with chicharron or bacon.
Serve with corn or flour tortillas. Serves 5.
- Girard Gourmet’s Eggplant Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
- Whaling Bar and Grill’s Paella Valencia
- Donovan’s Pan Seared Halibut
- Arterra’s Handmade Fettucini (with dried cranberries, applewood bacon, butternut squash and goat cheese alfredo sauce)
- On the Menu recipe: Brockton Villa’s Truffle Red Bliss Potato Salad
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=98750