La Jolla’s Traffic board denies more short-term parking at Puesto
By Ashley Mackin
The La Jolla Traffic and Transportation Board voted at its Nov. 29 meeting to deny short-term parking spaces for the Puesto restaurant, located at 1026 Wall St. The restaurant owners requested two 15-minute parking spaces in front of their building.
Marco Cortez, on behalf of the Puesto restaurant, said it circulated a petition to the businesses on the 1000 block of Wall Street asking for support, and presented the signatures at the meeting.
However, the board determined there are several other green zones within the city block, including two in front of the Athenaeum Music and Arts Library at 1008 Wall St.
Additionally, there was concern it would cause confusion regarding the hours, given the petitioners were requesting the short-time parking end at 5 p.m., while city-regulated short-term parking ends at 6 p.m. There was also discussion about there not being enough long-term parking in the area.
A motion was made to deny the project. It passed 4-3. The restaurant will now take its request to the La Jolla Community Planning Association.
- La Jolla students hold fundraisers for Sandy relief
- Students reach out to San Diego families in need for “Operation Santa”
- Bird Rock Roasters holds benefit for wounded warriors
- La Jolla surveyor says property markers are being inadvertently destroyed by city
- REBA raises nearly $8,000 for police storefront office
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=98487