La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gala opens season with salute to Paris
La Jolla Symphony & Chorus Choral Director David Chase cuts a rug with Linda McCann.
Guests of the La Jolla Symphony & Chorus gathered at the Del Mar Marriott on Oct. 13, 2012 for this year’s gala fundraiser, “Midnight in Paris.” As partygoers arrived, they were transported to Jazz-Age Paris with thematic décor. Many dressed for the part in boas, flapper dresses, beads and other chic 1920s garb. The evening began with a hosted reception, silent auction and opportunity drawing for an “Instant Wine Cellar.” Then the curtains to the ballroom parted, and guests entered for dinner to the sounds of Cole Porter’s “I Love Paris,” performed by Big Band Express.
During the evening, Music Director Steven Schick recognized honoree Bonnie Wright with a special tribute as the LJS&C Arts Angel 2012 for her visionary concert presentations and support of local artists. A second surprise tribute was made in the name of love when guest Randy Stewart took center stage on the dance floor and proposed to his date, Trisha Snider, with 125 guests as witness.
For more information about the La Jolla Symphony & Chorus, visit lajollasymphony.com
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
- Natural High gala makes a big Sunset Splash with ‘Soul Surfer’ Bethany Hamilton in La Jolla
- La Jolla’s art femme fatales style seductive show
- La Jolla Community Center thanks benefactors at ‘reopening’ party
- Chimpanzees advocate Jane Goodall presides over benefit in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=98213