NINE-TEN Restaurant to offer special Thanksgiving Day menu in La Jolla
Executive chef Jason Knibb and pastry chef Esteban Acosta of La Jolla’s NINE-TEN Restaurant will prepare a special, three-course prix-fixe dinner from 3 to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012. The cost is $55 per adult ($75 with wine pairings for each course) and $18 for guests, ages 12 and younger. Reservations are required at (858) 964-5400 or nine-ten.com
In keeping with NINE-TEN’s ongoing commitment to creating innovative cuisine using only the freshest local ingredients, guests will be able to choose from two to three items per course.
First course will begin with a choice of kabocha squash soup, prepared with pumpkin seed oil powder, chorizo and roasted apples. This will be paired with a nice glass of Kung Fu Girl Riesling.
Or you may wish to select the fall salad made with Asian pears, celery root, granny smith apples, raisins, little gems and buttermilk dressing and wash it down with a glass of Copain Chardonnay.
The second course features a choice of free range Diestel turkey, accompanied by roasted turkey breast and confit turkey leg hash, braised greens, potato puree, cranberry and orange relish and herb gravy. Sommelier Summer Haines will pair this with the Hahn GSM.
Or you may choose the roasted grouper with salsify, pearl onions, rock shrimp, fingerling potatoes, fine herbs and a shellfish emulsion, paired with Domaine Matrot Chardonnay.
Meat lovers may select the prime C.A.B. New York steak, served with roasted Brussels sprouts, cipollini onions, roasted carrots, smoked potato puree and J1 steak sauce (Chef Jason’s secret blend), paired with Foppiano Petite Sirah.
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be Thanksgiving if dessert didn’t follow. Enjoy a choice of pecan creampuffs with pecan cream, fried pecans, brown-sugar tuile and bourbon ice cream, paired with Bonny Doon Vinferno, or select the dark chocolate pancakes with cocoa nib streusel, brown butter ice cream and chocolate sauce, paired with Tobin James Liquid Love or choose Chef Esteban’s special pumpkin mousse with spiced cake, candied pumpkin seeds, cranberry and pumpkin paper, paired with Mad Cuvee Royal Takaji.
• NINE-TEN Restaurant is located at the Grande Colonial Hotel, 910 Prospect St. in La Jolla, and open for breakfast and lunch daily, and dinner from 6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Happy Hour is featured Monday-Friday. Valet parking is $5.
- Aroma Café offers a chic collection of dining experiences in La Jolla
- La Jolla dentist John Taddey uses latest techniques for long-term results
- Alessandro Hair Salon offers custom cuts, color and styles for almost three decades in La Jolla
- Everett Stunz in La Jolla debuts Sharper Images’ Response Sleep System
- Hair-free, carefree: That’s the Brazilia Skin Care way at La Jolla and Del Mar salon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=97618