La Jolla Youth Baseball opens registration for 2013 season
By Tom Murphy
La Jolla Youth Baseball is open for online registration at LJYB.org from Nov. 10, 2012 until Jan. 14, 2013.
Early registration is encouraged so the league has a handle on how many teams will be formed in each division, how many managers and coaches are needed, and how many requisite sponsorships are required to support the volunteer-driven 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
LJYB representatives will have a table at the Pizza Bowl sites on Saturday, Nov. 10 at La Jolla Elementary and Cliffridge Park to answer questions and hand out flyers.
The following divisions are open with the players’ age as of April 30, 2013:
• Shetland (ages 5-6): tee ball has one game and one practice weekly
• Pinto (ages 7-8): machine pitch
• Mustang (ages 9-10): introduces live pitching
• Bronco (ages 11-12)
• Pony (ages 13-14)
Assessments are tentatively scheduled on Jan. 26-27, 2013 with teams being formed and practices starting in early February 2013. Opening Day is March 2, 2013.
LJYB wants to welcome new board members and League Presidents:
• Bo Solis, Treasurer
• Anthony Musante, Secretary
• Chris Coleman, At-Large
• Scott Murfey, Shetland President
• Jim Butler, Pinto President
• Geoff Longenecker, Mustang President
• Neil Hyytinen, Bronco President
• Greg Hansen, Pony President
• Jim Benham, President
• Tom Murphy, Vice President
• Jim Duffy, At-Large
• Brian LaGrange, At-Large
Registration for all divisions, except Shetland, must be received by Jan. 14, 2013, after which each late registration will automatically be assessed a $75 late fee and will not be guaranteed placement on a team. Shetland division registration will remain open throughout the year. The cost is $205; the cost for the Shetland division is $185.
For more information, send an e-mail to: email@example.com and register online at LJYB.org
- La Jolla Youth Baseball wraps up 60th season
- La Jolla Youth Baseball celebrates “Cinco de Mayo” Mustang style
- Draft Week and ‘Sandlot Sessions’ get LJYB back on baseball field
- Top 10 reasons why La Jolla Youth Baseball is cool
- La Jolla Youth Baseball Bronco 11s Advance to Zone Tournament
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=97439